Thursday, May 1, 2014

OpenStack Summit Atlanta 2014

I will be representing the CentOS Project at OpenStack Summit Atlanta 2014 on May 12th to 16th, 2014.

The CentOS Linux distribution and RPMs produced by RDO are one of the major ways that OpenStack is now being deployed worldwide (CentOS was the 2nd most deployed Operating System in the latest OpenStack User Survey).

If you are using, or plan to use, RDO on CentOS (or OpenStack Platform on Red Hat Enterprise Linux) then there are several Red Hat tracks available at the summit that would be very informative.

I am also pretty excited about the Red Hat acquisition of Inktank and I would expect to see some noise about that at the summit as well.  Ceph and GlusterFS make up the current members of our CentOS Storage SIG and I look forward to working with both groups in the future. 

I expect that I will be in the Expo Hall from Monday through Wednesday and I will be somewhere at the Summit on Thursday and Friday as well, so if you see an old dude in a CentOS polo, it's likely me.


No comments:

Post a Comment